Hello Kitty Cafe, BGC

3:31:00 PM

(c) Photo from Rappler.com


I have been a fan of Hello Kitty since I was a little girl and now being a 24-year-old lass in Manila I can now indulge in this obsession. So I stopped by the first Hello Kitty Cafe in BGC.

It was one of those rare moments that I happened to find myself in BGC Uptown Mall. I had a meeting at 12:30 PM but was already in the area around 10 AM because time is gold (it was also Septemeber 21, traffic and rallies may cause me to be late).

I am the kind of person who prefers staying in restaurants with very little people but the best way I thought to spend my time until noon was to pump myself up with caffeine in Starbucks. But being the directionally impaired duck that I am, I found myself a floor away from Starbucks and that is when I stumbled upon the cuteness of the Hello Kitty Cafe.

The mall just opened the place was virtually empty *cue angelic singing* since the mall just opened~

The store had four color themes: blue, yellow, gold and pink, which was incorporated in all aspects of the cafe. Everything had their logo, their tables, napkins and drinking glasses and here I was hoping for Hello Kitty shaped utensils but it wasn't.

For their food, they offer appetizers, sandwiches, main entrees, cakes, cold and hot drinks. The price ranges from 50 PHP - 500 PHP per person. I ordered fries for 110 PHP, lemon soda (called Fizzy Blue) for 105 PHP, 150 PHP worth of Oreo Profiteroles.

The fries were covered in parmesan cheese and were just great. They weren't that salty or soggy. The soda was cute, an ombre mix of blue and green and when mixed together looked like something a mermaid would serve you.


The best was the Oreo Profiteroles, I bought three pieces (50 PHP each) and brought two home. The bread was nice and the oreo cream was delicious. If you aren't really after cupcakes and cakes, I suggest you try out their profiteroles.

So if you want to indulge in all the cuteness that is Hello Kitty and enjoy delicious food pay them a visit at 3F Uptown Mall BGC, Taguig, Metro Manila. Below are a few more photos, I'd stop by the store once again to taste their main entrees and cupcakes.

One of the Orea Profiteroles I ordered


Their display case, sadly not all pastries in the menu are available yet. I look forward to trying their strawberry eclairs next time!

All their glasses have their cute logo in gold. Basically, every thing has their logo.
The takeaway box and bag for the other two profiteroles I bought. They lasted for over 3 hours in just the box, I am not sure how lasting the cupcakes would be but it would be worth the take out.

You Might Also Like

0 comments